What it means “To Give”
- freely transfer the possession of (something) to (someone); hand over to: she gave them books to read to the children or the check given to the nonprofit was generous.
- bestow (love, affection, or other emotional support): the nonprofit gave him the knowledge he needed to succeed or he was very giving and supportive.
- administer (medicine/health): she was given outdoor play time.
- hand over (an amount) in exchange or payment; pay: how much did you give for that?
- (give something for) place a specified value on (something): he always gave his time for his favorite organizations.
- used hyperbolically to express how greatly one wants to have or do something: I’d give anything for my house to withstand a firestorm.
- communicate or impart (a message) to (someone): give our hope to all the smokejumpers to stay safe on the fires.
- commit, consign, or entrust: a forest given into their care by the public.
- freely devote, set aside, or sacrifice for a purpose: all who have given thought to the matter agree or: board members who give so generously of their time and effort.
What it means for “Giving Tuesday”
1. Thanksgiving: where you give thanks for what you have.
2. Gray Thursday: where some stores are open on Thanksgiving evening.
3. Black Friday: where you buy things for yourself and others.
4. Small Business Saturday: where you buy from small shops and stores.
5. Drive Safer Sunday: the most busiest time to drive back.
6. Cyber Monday: when at work or school, you buy things online.
7. Giving Tuesday: a global day for everyone dedicated to celebrate generosity and to give.
This compilation of pictures was in August, when we experienced some cooler temperatures and rainy weather. Yet the happiness that emits from everyone is palpable, and weather does not matter when you are having fun.
In-Kind Donations: phone calls: 703-505-0853 to see how you can help.Thank you, Happy Thanksgiving! Safe Driving, Buying, and Giving
Yellowstone Nature Connection, a Nonprofit Organization dedicated to outdoor educational programming to children and their families.